Some simple recommendations on how to conduct yourself now that you have the Coolest Dock on the Block. We like to have fun on the water, and this is mostly tongue in cheek, but “manners matter”. We hope you have fun with this, take some of this to heart, and learn a little about our culture as you explore this list. Please enjoy.
- Say please and thank you.
- Remember to call home on holidays.
- Remember to smile.
- Be proud of your “Coolest Dock on the Block”
- Show your team colors.
- Display your spouse’s team colors on their game day.
- If you don’t have a dock, decorate your driveway.
- Celebrate and enjoy your waterfront.
- Respect your neighbor’s Pier Gear.
- Celebrate the lake lifestyle.
- Help your friends locate your dock on your lake with Pier Gear products.
- Support your local lake preservation association.
- Be kind to strangers.
- Spend more time on your dock and “soak it up”.
- Don’t swim for 30 minutes after a meal.
- Don’t carve your initials into things that do not belong to you.
- Don’t take stuff too seriously.
- Don’t swim if you are allergic to fish or lake-water.
- Don’t pollute your lake.
- Don’t use Pier Gear if you experience vertigo when standing on a dock.
- Don’t allow invasive species to infiltrate your lake.
- Don’t ridicule those neighbors who do not have their own Pier Gear yet.
- Don’t have a “lame” dock.
- Don’t pee in your lake.
- Don’t taunt your lake neighbors.
- Don’t keep your Pier Gear outside all day, every day. They’ll eventually fade.
- Don’t flash your neighbors.
Finally, always live your life by following the Golden Rule.